Tank is finally going strong! (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palisaide

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just thought I'd give an update on my 95 gal tank in case anyone is interested. I just did my first PWC today and the tank looks great. Currently I have a Powder-Blue Tang, a Yellow Tang, two Ocellaris Clownfish, a Flame Angel, a Longfin Bannerfish, a Bubble Coral, and about 20 or so snails and crabs. Let me know what everyone thinks.
tank5.jpg

tank6.jpg

tank7.jpg

tank8.jpg

Nice!

A couple of things though. You have 2 fish that are not reef compatible there. The bannerfish is a no no for reef. The flame angel has a 50% chance of eating corals. Also, from what i've read, the powder blue tang is VERY aggressive toward other tangs. Just a head up :) Other than that, everything looks incredible!

FishFrik said:
Nice!

A couple of things though. You have 2 fish that are not reef compatible there. The bannerfish is a no no for reef. The flame angel has a 50% chance of eating corals. Also, from what i've read, the powder blue tang is VERY aggressive toward other tangs. Just a head up :) Other than that, everything looks incredible!

From what I've read, the Heniochus diphreutes (Longfin Bannerfish) is actually reef safe. It is the very similar Heniochus acuminatus that is not reef safe. I checked with my LFS and he was sure that this fish is the Heniochus diphreutes. As far as the flame angel, I have been watching him closely and he has shown no interest in the coral that I have right now, although I know it's possible that could change. I don't plan on adding any more tangs in this tank simply because I think both of mine would kill it. The yellow tang was very aggressive toward the Heniochus, but they're fine with each other now. Thanks for the heads up though! Glad everyone thinks the tank looks good.

Wow cool! I didn't know that! Im very interested in that reef safe version. I wanted one the other day but i didn't know they can be reef safe. I'll start looking for one for my tank ;) Thanks for the info

AWSOME aquascaping this tank will be AWSOME once mature (not that it isnt already ) ;)

Back
Top Bottom