So, I've admittedly been neglecting my tank for a while, just doing the min but not even keeping up with regular water changes. I'm ready now to put some $$ and time in to reverse the trend.
125 gallon SW
reef, 9 fish, a decent number of LPS
and soft corals, 30 gal
sump/refugium, 2 PH's on top, 1 on bottom, 4x80w T5's
- tons of aiptasia and majano
- tons of algae, but not as much hair algae as there used to be - bubble algae in the display where before it was only the sump
- Distressed-looking fish - my blue tang has what look like lesions all over him, and ,y yellow tang has missing fins like she's been attacked. The others look okay and ALL eat just fine at feeding.
- I'm sure I lost at least one fish - a diamond goby
- Losing SPS and soft corals like green star polyps and montipora capricornus
- Replace light bulbs. It's been a LONG time. (ATI T5's)
- Replace my skimmer - decided on a Reef Octopus Classic 150 space saver - (Reef Octopus Classic 150 Space Saver Protein Skimmer - Bulk Reef Supply) Any feedback?
- Water Movement. I'm thinking i don't have enough. I THINK I have2 Koralia 900gph. I don't know the power for sure since they were used. I have a Maxi Jet on the bottom - either a 900 or 1200.
- Get more chemi-pure
- Change water weekly!
- Any reservations on that skimmer?
- Do I have enough water movement?
- Any other factors I'm missing that equipment can address?
Thanks everyone in advance!