Tank Leak = New Tank = Question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, my 30 gallon tank started leaking the other day......I couldn't find the same size tank, so I bought a 40 gallon breeder tank. I love it! The tank swap was a success! Everything is doing fine (minus my cell phone that fell in a bucket of water) Anyway, my question is.....my original tank dimensions were 36"L x 17" H x 12" w. The new tank is 36" L x 17" H x 18" w. Will that extra 6" in the width affect anything with my lighting? I have a 36" 4 39w bulb T5 fixture. It looks pretty much the same in there, a little dark on the very front, but I don't have any corals there.....What do you think?

naturally directly under the light will be where the most light needy corals will have to be placed, but you can still put low light corals towards the front. you could always upgrade to a 6 or 8 lamp fixture if you ran out of space.
i love the 40 breeder also. an excellent footprint.

I really like the extra space! Before the LR seemed to take up the whole tank! After my fish got used to their new space, they were zooming around the open area like crazy! I have the light set over my rock formation so I think the corals will be ok. I plan to upgrade in the future to a whole new tank.....hopefully over 200 gallons, So then I'm going to get a real quality lighting system. I've learned you can't always go the cheap route in this hobby! But for now I like this tank better than my old one! ( can't wait to build our house and get a monster tank!!) I'll post some pics when I get everything situated!

hmmm, not sure why it didn't work the first time. The tank is crystal clear, looks cloudy in the pics. 1st shot is under actinics, last is all lights on

Nice. Beautful tank. Great looking Bubble coral frag. Mine is getting larger, but not as full as yours yet.

Thanks! The bubble gets much bigger than that, I took the pics first thing in the morning. The bubbles get really cool points when it's feeding time

Really? I have a koralia 750 in there with the return line, all the corals get a little movement. That PH in the pic is an old one. I was cleaning the koralia. What do you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom