Sounds like a plan. If you truly suspect ich than I would wait at least six weeks before adding any fish.
In the meantime this will give you time to research and QT
if you plan to.
You could start getting some of the inverts, all except the linkia. If you get any feather dusters or corals make sure you are measuring ALK
levels and they are up where they need to be. Calcium can be very imprtant for many inverts. Good frequent pwc
with good salt mix can take care of this.
Not sure what you currently have for lighting, you mentioned upgrading. I would look into the corallife T5 slim line. I recently purchased 2 48" for 52.99 for my 90g at my LFS
. I planon adding 2 more. They are about the equivalent to a 130w PC
for 1/3 the price.
Here is what they look like:
You should be able to find a 36" locally for under $50. 2 of these would be more than plenty for most corals and future anenome.