Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank move 65 gallons

Ok, I'm getting ready to move into a new house and need to move my 65 gallon saltwater fish and reef tank. I could probably use some tips or suggestions for making the process go smoothly.

I actually found my tank leaking from the bottom seals a few months ago and had to replace the tank. When I did this I just removed the LR and inhabitants and kept them in a 30 gallon rubbermaid tub for about a week. I ended up buying all new sand and then added everything back into the new tank successfully with no losses. Soo I'm thinking of using the same process but using 5 gallon buckets for the move and not replacing the sand. Here are some pics of the leak transfer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02-27-11 65gal inhabitants in storage bin.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	41821   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-27-11 65 gal adding water and sand.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	41822  

Click image for larger version

Name:	02-27-11 65gal adding inhabitants.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	41823   Click image for larger version

Name:	03-27-11 65gal full view.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	41824  

Hydrolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Move quickly and smoothly and try to keep your car around right temperature to help, I move all my tanks with substrate in it with a tad of water just enough to keep wet, I've actually seen my friend move tanks in her trunk with fish and everything in it with a low water level, seemed to work surprisingly well but it was quick never seemed to bother fish almost seemed better on them then netting and containering them, this was freshwater though but stll outrageously funny driving 30km through town with high tension, tank probly didn't like it though
dollabill420 is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, 65 gallon, move, tan, tank move

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com