tank night light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think it would be a good way to highlight certain parts of your tank. i have always wanted to get some for my freshwater but just never got around to it.

I saw something like this in a chichlid tank in a LFS once. It was rather unique to see light comming from hidden sources that what obviously not from the top.

Not sure how well it would work as a moonlight bulb.

U dont use any kind of nightlite on my tanks. Just let the natural moon light from the windows serve that purpose.

If your going to use it to highlight an area of the tank great, But for a night viewing light LED's are very bright, It is what emergency warning lights are now heading to for that reason.

It is not for running every night. I would just run it when I want to night view. Believe it or not, LEDs will probalby be the future of aquarium lighting. Great intensity, with little heat.

I think you'll also find these lights produce a very tight light beam. This would work great if you were wanting to view a particular piece in your tank but would not "flood" the tank with a dim light.

Back
Top Bottom