Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by parik
The tank parameters are okay.....No ammonia or trites. Nitrates are at 10....pH is at 8.3.
Ya your good. Just give them a little time. You could always try a few drops of garlic juice in their food. It can stimulate a feeding response.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:14 PM   #12
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I use a flashlight and turkey baster. The baby brines are attracted to the beam of light shining through the tank and so collect in large numbers. Then use the turkey baster to slurp them out and into the main tank. You can drizzle the baster contents through a brine shrimp net if concerned about water parameters from the hatchery. Since the empty cysts settle to the bottom of the hatchery, very few if any make it into the main tank.

I also use a small air pump and airstone to keep the hatchery circulating. Not too much air flow though or the eggs collect at the sides of the hatchery.

JG

Old 05-17-2004, 03:54 PM   #13

Ok cool
Old 05-19-2004, 03:54 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hey Sixline I was about to ask the same thing. I think the empty cyst float and the small baby brine stay near the bottom. Is that correct Snapcrackler? I wonder if it could be used for small dwarf seahorses? Anybody have sea horses?
50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:56 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok the other way around.....cool. Brine go to the light and the cyst settle to the bottom

50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, clowns, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com