Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-17-2004, 11:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

tank raised clowns

After my tank cycled I got 2 sm tank raised clowns. I followed the process of acclimating them to the tank and then put them inside the tank yesterday......I tried feeding them last night but they won't eat anything....I tried again this morning but nothing....I am afraid and don't know what to do...Please help.....

Old 05-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #2

tank raised clowns

After my tank cycled.....I decided to place some fish in my tank....according to the LFS clowns would make a perfect start...so yesterday I bought 2 sm tank raised clowns and after acclimating them to the tank...I placed them inside the tank....I tried feeding them last night but they would not eat....I tried again this morning but no luck....I don't know what to do??? Please help.....

Old 05-17-2004, 11:19 AM   #3

Assuming your tank is properly cycled, and your parameters are all good just give them time to adjust. Also it's sometimes best to check them in the store. This way you can choose the ones who are eating. Assuming your clowns are healthy there probably just settleing in. Try some frozen mysis, and sometimes TR clowns are adjusted to flake, if you haven't tried it already. Good luck, and don't worry im sure they'll come around.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Give them time. It sometimes takes several day for them to start. Right now they are stressed. I would not worry for the first week.
You say your tank cycled, what are you water parameters?
Old 05-17-2004, 11:54 AM   #5
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You may want to try hatching some live baby brine shrimp. My tank raised clowns love them.

You can get the eggs at a pet store, use a small cirtter cage ( ie. for hermit crabs) , siphon out some of your tank water , and within 24 hrs - Presto ! Wriggling swimming food for your guys to chase around and eat. It is more than they can resist.

Good luck

JG
Old 05-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
steve-s

Duplicate posts merged...

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #7

The tank parameters are okay.....No ammonia or trites. Nitrates are at 10....pH is at 8.3.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used one of these when my clowns were small

https://secure.bigalsonline.com/shop...amp=1084805616

THey just sat and grazed as the baby shrimp drizzled into the tank! You may want to switch to frozen natural foods too after they get going on the brine because I hear that the baby brine is hard on their little livers after a long periods of time, not sure if this is true or not, but you can switch to their reg food later just to be safe.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:10 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

oops here is a better link

http://www.petdiscounters.com/aquari...s_hatcher.html
Old 05-17-2004, 01:45 PM   #10

How did the hatchery thing work, and do the empty cyst go into the tank as well? Seems like a cool product, but does it work?

Tags
clown, clowns, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com