Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

First, thanks. My kid wants to join the marines, it scares the hell out of me, but I'm proud as hell of him. Second, for that long I'd probably take the tank down, unless you had someone who had experiance with reefs. I'd be easy to take care of as long as things are 'well', but when something gets out of whack, your tanks gone.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would take the tank down or give it to your parents and give them this web address. Maybe we could get a sticky just for your parents. Take care of yourself in Iraq. You will be in my thoughts. Maybe this :censor: will be over soon and you will not be there long.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
I want to tell you good luck and keep your head up. I am grateful to all the people doing there part in this whole thing. Its people like you that keep our freedom ringing!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!! I will keep you in my prayers.

About the tank I would do what most are saying break it down you have enough to think about.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Melissamustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:43 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

breaking it down would be easiest. I took care of one for a buddy while he was deployed. gonna be my turn soon......
Old 01-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wow!!! Thanks for all the support guys, There is a country song called Arlington that sums it up pretty well I think, "I'm thankful for those who are thankfull for the things I've done" or in this case the things I am about to do. And just as a side note, my job is on an airfield, which can still get messy, but I really shouldnt see much of the ugly part of war. (As if there was any other type)

I agree, breaking it down would be the easiest.
If I keep it, I will have to move it. I will lose my living accommodations when I go. I just hate to do that, Yesterday was an exciting day for my tank,,,,, First I noticed that one of my blue leg hermits had decided to move into a bigger shell, and I noticed a few small patches of coralline algae starting to grow on my filter tube. Not too big of a deal, but it was a real good indicator to me (a new guy in this hobby) that I am doing it right.
To stop now would be a disappointment. I will talk to the owner of the LFS again, he mentioned once apon a time that he might have room in his basement. He is a pretty good guy I consider him a friend.

Just have to see I guess

Thanks again

Wade

In a perfect world, we would have gills,,,,,and opposable toes.-- Me
stainless_wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

the bases were pretty quiet some mortar fire and idiots taking potshots but thats it. I understand that has cooled off now too. Its the roads that are dangerous. stay alert stay alive.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:39 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

That is pretty much what I hear Scott, Sounds like I will be going to Anaconda, (Morteritaville)

Any way, I noticed a very tiny (about half the size if your pinkey nail) starfish, looks like a choc-chip starfish. Pretty neat!!! Not sure where this guy came from, musta hitched a ride in with some live rock.

Due to all of this I think I will move them out to NC when I go.,

It will be a pain in the butt, but the tank is doing to well now for me to abandon it.

Wade

In a perfect world, we would have gills,,,,,and opposable toes.-- Me
stainless_wm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com