Tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justd03

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am starting a 110 gallon reef tank with sump. Looking for advice on a stocking list. Any advice is appreciated. Some fish I like are. Blue green chromis,ocellaris clown pair with anemone, pajama cardinal,fire fish goby,royal gramma,yellow eye kole tang, one spot foxface, lawnmower blenny, and possibly a goby shrimp pair. This may be to many fish just a few I like any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

before you start thinking about fish you need to think about what you need to get the cycle started and get through that before you worry about fish , you need to concentrate on your cycle making sure things are done correctly , the biggest must in saltwater is baby steps, rushing through anything in saltwater will only come back and bite you in the butt because it most likely wasn't done correctly

taking things slow making sure everything is done correctly , will not only make things easier in the future , don't fill your head with fish as it only makes you more anxious causing you to rush . Rome wasn't built in a day so take your time , worry about what is on your plate now , you will have plenty of time to think of fish when that time comes ,

first thing you need to do is think about rock weather your using cured live rock or dry base rock and sand , getting the tank ready so you can do your cycle, it is very important you have a test kit handy , once your ready you will need a deli shrimp most use a ladys stocking to keep the shrimp from making a mess in your tank , leave it in till you reach 4ppm , this will start your cycle , it can take from 4/8 weeks for a proper cycle some even achieve this faster , but that's usually on smaller tanks ,

here's 2 good links to get you through the cycling process,

Cycle your salt tank - Aquarium Advice

Important Information for Those New to the Aquarium Hobby - Aquarium Advice

always be sure to ask questions as this is how we learn , we want to see you succeed rather than fail , so take what is said to heart , a lot of us have been through this many times and we try to lead you in the right direction , so you don't encounter the problems some of us had in the past .

remember the first big rule of thumb "BABY STEPS"

look forward to seeing you with a happy healthy tank , always remember no question is to stupid to ask that question may just be the one that saves you from a mistake.

Last edited:
Not trying to rush in to anything I have been reading everything I can get my hands on. I realize it will be a slow process I just would like to get ideas on fish so I know what direction I'm headed toward. Just trying to get a long term plan together.

Not trying to rush in to anything I have been reading everything I can get my hands on. I realize it will be a slow process I just would like to get ideas on fish so I know what direction I'm headed toward. Just trying to get a long term plan together.

good to hear

the stock you have chose will work but I would hold off on the nem till the tank is established for about 6 months or so ,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom