tank temp is going hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey all,

since here in California, the temp outside is rising to the 90s and it even worse that my tank is upstairs. The tank temp rises up to like 85 degrees farenheit. what do i do.

P.S. i dont have the budget for a chiller

P-man

85 is not that bad... some reef water temps approach 90 degrees

I run all my tanks at 82

If you want to keep it a little chilled you could rotate a batch of frozen pop bottles fulla water and float just one at a time.

Let me give you a hint.

All these !!!!!!!!!!! dont get your question answered faster. infact it can often slow things down because those of us who get new messages e-mailed to us often end up with such messages in the spam filter due to excessive puncuation.

Now lets answer your question. If you have a glass top on your tank then take it off. If your running an open top between yoru lights an dyour tank then increase the surface water movment by putting some PH's so they ripple the water surface. If you still have issues with heat then add a small fan to blow across the water surface. All of this will often take care of a 5-10degree temperature problem.

I would get some fans blowing across the surface of the water. If you can install them in your lighting system, that would be the best way to go. If nothing else, get a box fan from Wal Mart and aim it at the tank in such a way the the air will blow across the surface of the water. If you are using glass tops, remove them. If you have a powerhead in the tank, set it so that it ruffles the surface of the water...that will help too.

Back
Top Bottom