tank update......& suggestions for more additions????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so my tank has been up and running since the beginning of September and I thought I'd give you all an update.

Everything is going well though I did kill one blue linkia starfish that I shouldn't have bought in the first place. He died right after a water change so I am fairly certain that his death was 100% my fault!

Other than that the percula clown is doing great. I have a cleaner shrimp that is doing great and has molted. I added three turbo snails and 3 little hermit crabs as well as one big hermit crab. They are all doing fine. The hermit crab does try to steal the turbo snails shells but he hasn't had any luck yet.

As for my hitchikers my small starfish is doing well and my clam is still opening and closing. I have one live rock that has tons of baby feather dusters that seem to be doing well. And the other day I found a hitchiker stomatella varia....which I can't believe has been living in the tank for over a month and I just found it!

I have added a giant (okay it's called a dwarf but it looks big and beautiful to me) hawaiian feather duster. And I also added some blue mushrooms awhile back that are also doing well....in the pic they don't look blue but in person they are very vibrant.

I want to add some more cool invertebrates if anyone has any suggestions.
I'd also ultimately like to have 1-2 more fish. Another mid-top level swimmer like my clown and then some sort of bottem fish....maybe a scooter blenny? I'm looking for suggestions on these. I don't want another clown fish since I will only have 1-3 fish total and I want the tank to have an interesting look. Also when can I add the new fish I decide on? So far the ammonia and nitrites have remained 0. I didn't test everyday but in the beginning I was testing every other day. I just never saw a cycle. I guess this is due to the cured live rock I added in the begining. My nitrates are always between 0- 5ppm and I have been doing small (about 15%) water changes every two weeks with no problem.

Here are some pics....and I love any suggestions on what more fun stuff I could get! Oh and I have regular flourescent lights so any light loving stuff is pretty much out for me! Thanks.

Attachments

• featherdustermushroomsresize_wizard-1.jpg
    featherdustermushroomsresize_wizard-1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 37
  • cleaner_shrimpresize_wizard-1.jpg
    cleaner_shrimpresize_wizard-1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 28
  • coralinealgaeresize_wizard-1.jpg
    coralinealgaeresize_wizard-1.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 41
more pics...

Attachments

• mr.crabsresize_wizard-1_178.jpg
    mr.crabsresize_wizard-1_178.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 20
  • perculaclownresize_wizard-1_534.jpg
    perculaclownresize_wizard-1_534.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 20
You could do a firefish, and then get a goby and pistol shrimp. They will be friends and hangout together. Depending on the tank size, you could probably get a mate for your clown as well.

You could do a firefish, and then get a goby and pistol shrimp.
Great idea. I love purple firefish. Royal gramma is another very nice option. As for inverts, look into a blood shrimp or antoehr cleaner. Remember to add the fish slowly.

Back
Top Bottom