Tank Upgrade!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

In light of one of my zebra morays dying :( i have begun to notice something in my 40g. now there is just the one moray and the undulate trigger. i think the presense of two eels scared the trigger. but now he is getting more aggressive towards the eel. sooo.. im getting rid of the trigger and upgrading my tank to a 5 foot - 100 gal tank.

As far as inhabitants go i have in mind..

emperor angelfish - moving out of my 75 gal
sailfin tang - moving out of 75 gal
zebra moray
king angelfish
olivaceus tang
gold head sleeper goby

I've always dreamt of having coral gallore but with the fish im interested in i know i cant so i will end up having a limited amount of these..

With the transfer of two of my larger fish in my 4 footer (75gal) I will obviously decrease my overload in that tank (yay)

Does anyone know or have any more ideas in regards to livestock?
I want perhaps one or two more showpiece fish but unsure of what else is out there and compatible..

Even a nice schooling fish would be nice

Any ideas or suggestions would be wonderful!!

Thanks!

Well, cant you get another moray and just keep the two in the 40 again without the trigger? Or keep it by itself?

I think the moray is going to eat some of those fish you list (EX the goby)

Why not start a reef tank, and just keep eels in the 40?

As for schooling fish, chromis school, but I think you have to have odd numbers greater than 5 for them to do that.

Actually I think 100 gallons is fine for tangs and such, they recomend 75+

im now tossing up between the king and queen angel.. both beautiful fish in juv state but the queen seems to win out in adult state.. as far as blue/green chromis go for schooling.. not bad..any more ideas though?

zacdl said:
Actually I think 100 gallons is fine for tangs and such, they recomend 75+
That would be per fish, not plural. More than one should be 125+ gal. The longer the tank, the more room for large growing fish. Tank water volume is not a good guideline. The length, width and overall free swimming room are much more important.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom