tank upgrade 55 to 75 need help on desiding what lights to use...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have a 55 g reef with some sps and lps corals over that tank I have my coral life aqua light with two 150 w mh and two 96 pc actinic and led moon lights that light is suspended from the ceiling were I'm going to put the 75 the 75 has a dual 175 w mh with two t-5 actinic lights retro kit ... I planed on having both tanks going but at this time can't .. question is should I use the corallife light which the corals are used to or go with the retro kit that's in the 75 ... Cooling is not a proublem due to my chiller installed any help would be appreciated..

I would continue using the light that you have. A 50 watt cumulative bump in MH, added work, reacclimation to photo change would not outweigh the dual 96 watt PC actinics compared to the 2 T5s.

I love power compacts by the way. That technology seems to have been run over and forgotten. Shame, because I've seen some remarkable tanks using a quad 96 watt PC bulb pattern.

Thanks a lot I was kinda leaning that way it just helps when someone gives you a bump ...

Back
Top Bottom