Tank Upgrade Delay..! Help..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you have to put off your buyer somehow. Any other solution won't give you time to cycle, and you'll have to cycle twice.

If the rock is already in the tank then its already cycled to the bio mass of the fish in the tank. There won't be any cycle to deal with.

Seriously, just get a big tote and put everything in there. Heater, water, live rock, and live stock. You don't even need a hob filter as long as you have an appropriate powerhead. It's nowhere near as difficult as its being made out to be. There really is no difference between using a tote and a tank aside from not being able to see through the tote. It will last as long as you need it to.

If the rock is already in the tank then its already cycled to the bio mass of the fish in the tank. There won't be any cycle to deal with.

Seriously, just get a big tote and put everything in there. Heater, water, live rock, and live stock. You don't even need a hob filter as long as you have an appropriate powerhead. It's nowhere near as difficult as its being made out to be. There really is no difference between using a tote and a tank aside from not being able to see through the tote. It will last as long as you need it to.

That's what I wanted to hear, I got the seller to contact me about the tank and he gave me good and bad news, he has another tank for me to buy but its bigger and more expensive :/

Definitely reef!!! A 55 would be a nice stepup but that 75 Will give you plenty of room.

I know I know lol I just wasn't ready to stock a 75g tank yet, I'm barely getting my 29g stable and happy ha. I would love a few nicer big fish though.. hmm..

If you dont mind me asking whats the price difference between the 55 and 75? The 75 would make a wonderful tank,it has more back to front space and would be a super great tank as far as rockscaping and corals. :)

If you dont mind me asking whats the price difference between the 55 and 75? The 75 would make a wonderful tank,it has more back to front space and would be a super great tank as far as rockscaping and corals. :)

$150 for tank and oak stand for the 55g and $250 for the 75g and oak stand, either one will come with a dual t5 high output 48" coralife fixture.

I would see if they will drop the 75g down to $200, then go $225 as a compromise, if necessary. The 75g will give you more room and more options for fish too.

I would see if they will drop the 75g down to $200, then go $225 as a compromise, if necessary. The 75g will give you more room and more options for fish too.

i will probably show up with $200 cash and wait him out :cool:

Back
Top Bottom