Tank Upgrade Delay..! Help..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright guys so I have my current tank sold and I was planning on buying a larger tank and just moving everything over but the seller for the larger tank just backed out so now I have the tank sold and paid for what can I do with my fish and inverts till a find another tank..? I need help guys this sucks :(

can you go out and grab a tank and filter? Just until you can find the new tank? It can also be used as your qt when your done with it......

Fill your bath? Kinda depends how long until you get new tank. You just need something that will hold your stock rock etc

(A) offer the buyer a partial (10-20%) refund to wait a few days till you find a new tank
(B) buy an inexpensive aquarium kit from petco and return it when you find a suitable tank
(C) buy a 54 gallon tote from Home Depot for $25 and keep your fish and inverts there till you find a suitable aquarium. Good luck!

I genuinely know someone who did it when there tank broke lol defo no long term solution though lol

So what would he ideal thing be? No longer than maybe 2wks.. is that too long..?

Ideal is plead with buyer of yours or get a tank to use in the mean time or get your new tank sooner

Would a 10g do for a pair of caramels and a sixline plus a pair of skunk cleaners?

I would get a 20-27g tub (you can get it at lowes or home depot) and buy a filter and heater the same size as you want for your new tank (well unless your doing a sump) and stick them in there with all you rock and coral. With the light on top.

I would get a 20-27g tub (you can get it at lowes or home depot) and buy a filter and heater the same size as you want for your new tank (well unless your doing a sump) and stick them in there with all you rock and coral. With the light on top.

Ok so just a blue tote? No sand just rock and water and my stock? How long will that last me? And all I have is a hang on back filter and a few power heads plus an aqueon heater.

The bigger tote the better. As long as it's sturdy enough to hold water. Not much else you can do until you get another tank. Monitor your water parameters often and save as much tank water as you can. You may get a couple of those totes to hold most of the old tank water for a while. Good luck!

The bigger tote the better. As long as it's sturdy enough to hold water. Not much else you can do until you get another tank. Monitor your water parameters often and save as much tank water as you can. You may get a couple of those totes to hold most of the old tank water for a while. Good luck!

Its only a 56g tank so maybe 2 25g totes? How important is water circulation?

Movement is important, most important is surface agitation. There needs to be good oxygen exchange for your fish to breath.

I think you have to put off your buyer somehow. Any other solution won't give you time to cycle, and you'll have to cycle twice.

Personally, I always get the new tank up and running before I decommission the old one. I realize not everyone can do that, but you'll stress the fish less that way.

Personally, I always get the new tank up and running before I decommission the old one. I realize not everyone can do that, but you'll stress the fish less that way.

I really wish I could do that, I had the opportunity to do that when I upgraded to this tank in the first place but my next step up is pricey lol

Back
Top Bottom