Tank water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I kno many people recommend RO water for the tanks...but is it okay if I have the initial fillup tap water??and then all of the water changes RO water changes... or should I use the RO water for the initail fill up.....

Most people recommend ro but alot of people use tap for the initial fill up and ro for water changes. It is very expensive for an initial fill up of ro. I use only tap for all my water on both tanks but our water is pretty good here.

Hard to calculate it because sand and rock displace water. So you need less water then the size of tank. Isn't your tank already filled and cycling?

I did this before I got my RO/DI system. Depending on how your tap water is, get ready to fight off the algae blooms. Once you get the RO, you will eventually cycle the tap water out, but it will take a while.
The RO would depend on how many GPD it will make, unless you're talking about buying RO water and adding it in. I would recommend this before adding tap water.

Mike

58 cents a gallon at wallmart. I have the same tank and it took around 40 gallons, so say 20 bucks. I used tap for initial fill, but use RO now.

yah well during my tank discription I was pushing it and thought id be into this thing a little further but it takes some time....i should prolly change that...ive been looking at it too and keep forgeting to chang it up.... :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom