Tankmate question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keysman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I've got a 200l tank with a zebra lion fish a snowflake eel and this week I've add a Fiji blue devil damsel
Now I've just add a arc eye hawk fish do you think that these tank mate will be fine I've read that zebra lions and hawk fish are not compatible and also eels and hawk fish are not good now could they be talking about the small hawk fish like the flame I'm just a bit confused

I did it because i don't own a tv lol
no no no i'm only joking
Well A zebra lion fish and a snowflake eel are both classed as semi aggressive and will only eat something (fish or crustsation) That will fit in it's mouth
Now the arc eye hawkfish is one of the larger hawk fish growing to 6 inches ( mine is 4 inches about the same size as my lion)
And is classed as a aggressive fish so as I said are they talking about the smaller hawkfish (ie the flame ) as not being compatible

Haha battle of the fishes, my money's on the eel lol jk. If they're all about the same size I wouldn't be overly concerned.

I have a snowflake eel with a bunch of fish and crustaceans and it never hurt any of them. I can't say anything about a lion fish as I've never had one, but as long as it can't fit in it's mouth, it won't be eaten lol

Hi just a update my blue devil damsel has some marks on his side I have not seen any of the tank mates attacking him I think it's the hawk fish that is doing it at night
Has anyone owned a arc eyed hawk fish and has it been housed with a blue devil damsel fish before il try to get some pics

Back
Top Bottom