TaoTronics (chinese led) light??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been looking at these fixtures and they seem great for the cost. Does anyone have any experience with them? I want to go for the 120watt dimmable. The only negative I've found is the fan noise. My only issue is that I would like to set it directly on my glass lid. I don't want all that blinding light escaping in my living room! Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Have them on my 180g. Love them. Have clams, lps, sps, and softies. Work out great.

Kio707 said:
Have them on my 180g. Love them. Have clams, lps, sps, and softies. Work out great.

Also, build a canopy. That close to the water isn't a good idea.

lbannie said:
Too close will be too bright?

It'll bleach and burn the coral. No, but I've seen others have to move theirs up and they have the dimmable ones.

I have them super bright lights amazing lights...recommend putting layers of wax paper to diffuse light for a while removing a layer every week to adjust corals to the lights

Attachments

• image-4125858850.jpg
    image-4125858850.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 86
Just some 2x8s for now. I've been building a canopy but school and work everyday it's taking awhile lol

Back
Top Bottom