Taotronics Led Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfsblood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does taotronics make an LED kit that would be suitable for my 16g tank? If not can you recommend another LED kit that won't break the bank and can be used for corals. I am totally clueless when it comes to lighting. I don't know what corals I would want either but Id like to get lighting that would be good for almost anything.

Go to ebay & search Taotronics under Aquariums & Fish..... you can get the basic 120w unit for $110, and that should be plenty for just about anything you'll keep in a 16g.

Ok I saw that one and it looks like it would work nicely with my configuration. Just wasn't sure if that was gonna put out too much light. Thank you :)

Ok I will keep that in mind. I am also looking at a par30. Not sure if I would need two of them. Seems like their spread is usually 12x12. My tank is 20" wide by about 10" deep.

Make sure you get dimmable ones unless you can hang them from various heights.

Yeah, the dimmable ones would be ideal, but then you're getting back up into the $200 range. You can always adjust the height of the light and put a shade around it......

Agreed although they sell for as little as 150. As long as hanging them well above the tank isn't an issue non dimmable will work

Depending on what you want to keep, but general guess would probably be anywhere from 8"-16"...... a little more initial layout would get you the dimmables, and you could pretty much have them wherever you'd like.

in your nano tank, you should go with PAR38. It would be better to be able to dim the PAR38 and they are rather low cost, so make sure you double check if the PAR38 is dimmable.

as I mentioned, I would strongly suggest to have a dimmable PAR38 rather than on/off only. Not all corals can accept the full blast of LED and it will cost a lot more to replace them than simply pay more to get the dimmable light

Ok im slightly confused about the dimmable ones. It says you can dim them with a common household dimmer switch. What if I don't have one of those? Is there a fixture with a built in dimmer?

the one you link looks to me is a regular clam light with on off switch. You can use one of those house hold dimming switch for sure, just need to make sure the PAR38 bulb u getting can be dimmed

Back
Top Bottom