tap water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speakerman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, in the interest in saving money, I'm curious if, during the first 2-3 months of my new tank being set up (LR only) I'd be okay just using tap water. Then once I want to start doing corals ect I can buy an RO system and start using it with PWC weekly.

I work for a water municipality. The report is all about human consumption. You have to know the chemical componds that are added to purify water. They contain silicates, phosphates, nitrates, chlorine, flouride, aluminum and many other heavy metals and elements that are great for clean drinking water but not for our fish tanks. JME and JMO

I am certainly not trying to turn you away from this really rewarding hobby, however, if you don't have everything you need to get started, you are putting together a recipe for failure. Patience is not only a virtue, its a neccessity in this hobby. Obviously the final decision is yours, my advice, don't do it, wait until you have the equipment to start out on the right foot.

GL!

Back
Top Bottom