Target feeding with clowns in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
So all of my fish have learned that my feeding tube is food. The problem is that the clowns are ridiculously voracious eaters. It's hard to get enough food to my other fish, particularly my scooter blenny. So how does everyone else feed with clowns in their tank?

I don't have a problem with feeding, all my fish go nuts at feeding time and they seem to keep up and get their share. I never see my scooter eating, that is he is the only one who ignores feeding time. Instead he grazes all day and night on the pods :) how long have you had them?

I don't have a problem with feeding, all my fish go nuts at feeding time and they seem to keep up and get their share. I never see my scooter eating, that is he is the only one who ignores feeding time. Instead he grazes all day and night on the pods :) how long have you had them?

The scooter I've had about a month while I've had the pair of clowns for about a week now. I jut added a refugium with pods so im waiting for them to establish their numbers to start feeding my scooter. He happily eats frozen mysis and brine shrimp now so I keep feeding them to him but the clowns are pushy and try to take all of the food I place for him

Could you put some food in one side to draw the clowns over, then when they are busy try to get some near the scooter?

Could you put some food in one side to draw the clowns over, then when they are busy try to get some near the scooter?

Heh that's what I've been trying.. but they prefer to follow my feeding tube sucking up anything it spits out then going to feed from the rest of the stuff floating in the tank.. it really is funny to watch those pigs eat

Back
Top Bottom