Tassle filefish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gibbiceps

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a tassle file fish from my lfs and it is 1 inch and half long, we are putting him in our refugium. How long will it take to get large enough for our show tank and hold it self to a 7 inch clown trigger?

I am not sure if anything can hold itself to a clown trigger. Tassled Filefish is a slow grower. I got mine when it was 3" and it is now 5" I have had it 2 years, It is in a 300G. The tassles can not get damaged or the fish will die, they are slow moving, like to eat (should be fed 3-4 times a day) and likes a peaceful tank. My tassled is in a Reef Tank with no problems but I dont think it will ever be able to hold up to a clown trigger.

Kaye

specialk said:
I am not sure if anything can hold itself to a clown trigger. Tassled Filefish is a slow grower. I got mine when it was 3" and it is now 5" I have had it 2 years, It is in a 300G. The tassles can not get damaged or the fish will die, they are slow moving, like to eat (should be fed 3-4 times a day) and likes a peaceful tank. My tassled is in a Reef Tank with no problems but I dont think it will ever be able to hold up to a clown trigger.

Kaye

My LFS has one of these and I considered getting him, very cool fish. But they told me it would take out my inverts when it matures. What is your opinion? My stock is below.
TIA
Sorry to threadjack.

Mine has been around snails , urchins and Starfish never touched them. But It will eat Shrimps & I think it would eat any clams.
My tassled likes to stay toward the top most of the time and never hides in the rock. He seems like a loner never swims with other fish just takes his time going around the tank.

Kaye

How big is the one at your lfs. I wanted a large one so mine was a special order and it came in the size of a quarter. I was in San antonio a week ago and there was one there 7 inches long but a guy from the border already bought it :(

Back
Top Bottom