Tasty fingers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosesrblu1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Omg! I had to share this. I was spot feeding my rock carpet nem some mysis shrimp with a turkey baster a few minutes ago and my rather larger but sweet porkie puffer was lurking around. Thing nothing of it, I go about feeding...next thing I know the bugger latched onto the pad of my pinke finger like it was dinner!!!! Freaked me out and then some. He must have been still hungry...while it didn't hurt exactly, it freaked me out something fierce!!!! Omg!!!!! Thankfully no broken skin!

Lol, I know how you feel. Every time I go near my Maroon's Nem he gives me a bite! He's done it a hundred times, but I still jump every time!
He just really, really likes you. :)

He does like me! Always spitting at me for food and playing catch my finger on the outside of the tank. Love him!! He is our Peetie! We have him almost 2 years and he was sickly when we got him, so he is a cherished member of the community. He looks like a camo submarine. Ha ha

Ohh... So you've been teasing him on the outside of the glass, and he saw his opportunity!! Jk
Always wanted a puffer, since I started, but could never do it because of other stock and coral. Maybe someday..best of luck with your tank, Roses.

Teasing, no...more,playing its him. He is a cutie and we have our hands in all the time. Most likely he thought I was some mysis that I was giving the nem. He is always hungry, he could eat all day. Mine is good with inverts and I could,probably try him it's coral, but my lighting is not up to,par in that tank. I had some frags in their and he could have cared less. He is not a rock nipper like one we used to have. This one eats rations and swims...might have to upgrade those lights!

Thank god no broken skin. My demonic eel did this.

Attachments

• image-4082624784.jpg
    image-4082624784.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3996142779.jpg
    image-3996142779.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 101
I don't keep saltwater fish but my pond turtle bit my finger when I was examining the pleco in his pond.

Omg Crister that is nuts!!!! I just noticed today that the offers beak is very dull, he must be eating rocks or something. Our last puffer a few years ago looked like a buck tooth wacko. I was very lucky! On a side note, one of my juvi tomato clowns nipped me in my reef tank. Didn't hurt, but what a little jerk.

My Domino Damsel and Yellowtail Damsel try to nip at me every time I put my hand in the tank without feeding them. Think they are trying to tell me something. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom