TDS Meter Recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use an inline meter from bulkreefsuply.com. Were you looking for a hand held version or inline?

Phranque said:
I have one, and it's served me well. I just picked up a BRS dual inline meter for my RODI system, and it & the hand-held read dead on with each other.

Awesome!! I just bought mine on Amazon, $20 shipped!

Awesome!! I just bought mine on Amazon, $20 shipped!

(y) One of those little things that no reefer should be without.

Now, when you get it, check your tap water, then compare that to your RO only before it goes through the DI canister. You should be getting about a 98% rejection rate with a clean RO membrane.... Currently my tap is 450TDS, and my RO is 8TDS (8/450=1.7% getting through or 98.3% rejection).
You can let the TDS climb a bit coming out of your membrane, I let mine go to about 95% rejection before changing it..... just remember, the higher the RO TDS, the faster it's going to chew through your DI resin.

Phranque said:
(y) One of those little things that no reefer should be without.

Now, when you get it, check your tap water, then compare that to your RO only before it goes through the DI canister. You should be getting about a 98% rejection rate with a clean RO membrane.... Currently my tap is 450TDS, and my RO is 8TDS (8/450=1.7% getting through or 98.3% rejection).
You can let the TDS climb a bit coming out of your membrane, I let mine go to about 95% rejection before changing it..... just remember, the higher the RO TDS, the faster it's going to chew through your DI resin.

Thanks for the info!!

This is my first ro/di, I got my unit used (said 2-3 months old) for $40, it's a 4 stage 150gpd. Hoping it still runs well!

00youknowit00 said:
Got my meter today! My ro/di tested at 3ppm, that's still okay right?

It should be zero out of the DI.
You should test it in three places: straight from tap, right before it gies into the DI cartridge and final product.

I have the same TDS meter. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom