Tear down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madlynb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, so far my tear down of my 125 gallon tank is coming along. I scrubbed all the rock free of algae. I vacuumed the live sand. I set some base rock aside for future use. I want more open space in the tank with caves and more room for my fish to swim. Over the weekend I am planning on removing the old sump, setting up the new sump with baffles, refugium and main pump/skimmer section. I am also going to setup my equipment connections to the inside cabinet of the sump area so that I don't have all the wires on the outside. So far my fish have survived the whole transition. I love living and learning!

sump refugium suggestions

I am looking for more articles on the sump/refugium setup for suggestions. Can you send me links to articles?

I will try to send pics of what I have going on now. It will be my first try at posting pics on this site but I should be able to figure it out. I work til noon so I will try after that.

BTW...I noticed one of the links was to Melevsreef.com If you have questions about any of his designs or ideas send him an email. Marc will get back to you. He is very knowledgeable and is happy to help!!

sump photos

Well, I have spent all weekend designing and putting together my sump. I have siliconed the baffles and dividers and am anxious to test for NO leaks today!!! One question I have is can I attach a T connector to my return pump piping and add the piping and ball valve for my refugium? Will it mess with the return pump flow? Can anyone give me advice on how to attach my photos to a post?

Last edited:
sump photos

Here are my photos. The last photo is showing the base connection of my return pump. My question is would it be ok for me to add a T to my return pump piping to then add piping with a ball valve for my refugium that is right next to it?

Darn. I am at work now. I will try again maybe in a couple days because I really want to get the sump up and running first. No leaks. Yeah!!!!

Here is a quick version. Click on the post reply button. Then click on the paper clip looking Icon. When that screen comes up click on the brose button and then find your photo on your computer and double click. Then hit the upload button and you`ll see the file there. drop that screen down and click on the paper clip item again and you`ll see the file. click on the file or the tab that says all of them and it will be on your reply. Try that and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom