Tech-M for bryopsis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been battling hair algae for a while now but just found out is was bryopsis not HR. I've read lots of success stories from people using Tech-M for bryopsis treatment. Is this true? Also, which is the best mag test kit out there. I have read some kits don't test that high for magnesium which you need to raise above 1600 or so...

Bryopsis is a hair algae that happens to have a problem with one of the additives in Tech-M. It is true. Though this might the the solution for bryopsis, if it is truly what you have, my best advice at this time is to slow down! You have had a handful of posts about dying coral or fish this month alone. This stuff just adds to the problem at hand, from the increase in the bioload, additional feeding, and to the then rotting corpse.

yep, only have one chromis left in my tank. Lost both clowns to ich over the weekend so I'm about ready to throw in the towel with this algae problem. My corals and inverts are all doing ok though...

You are moving too fast and adding things left and right, from what I picked up from skimming the posts. This is leading to the beneficial bacteria not being able to keep up, ammonia/nitrite which is more than likely killing and stressing your fish.

I do test at least 2 times a week. ammonia and nitrates don't show up but you are right, somethings going on...

Back
Top Bottom