Teddy bear crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone very seen these? I cant find any info on them online nor have I found anywhere to buy one. I have an empty 25 gal with a stand and everything ready to go and I was planning on putting an arrow crab in it. Would a teddy bear crab coexist with an arrow crab? If it's a risk I won't do it I just saw some photos online and they looked pretty adorable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Teddy bear crabs are xanthid species. They, like all crabs are opportunistic feeders, and will take down what they can for a meal. They are considered pests, and aren't commonly sold in the hobby.
Crab Hitch Hikers

Well if I wanted to keep one by itself in a 10gal would I be able to find one? Is it worth calling a few stores that get live rock? Or is this crab more of a rare occurrence?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm...In my experience an attractive specimen is rare, and no lfs is examining all of their rock for hitch hikers. They just get it in and sell it.

I had a teddy bear crab in my tank once. It came with some love rock. It ended up eating my blenny!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Which one are you talking about? The one that carries anemones or the ones that don't?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom