teeny new corals : need some help attaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianeww

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone, I need some help again. Yesterday I got two small (one inch across each) corals, a

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_1...ategory=4&category_search=62&root_parent_id=4

and a

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_1...ategory=4&category_search=62&root_parent_id=4

What should I do with them? The ricordia is attached to what looks like a small piece of rock that I could probably wedge between some rocks somewhere. The umbrella looks like it was broken off a shell of some kind....there's nothing solid there at all. How can I attach it somewhere? And where? Will they attach themselves if I leave them alone? Sorry if this sounds quite stupid, you can tell I'm a COMPLETE novice at corals!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Wow, a ricordia for $8 with free shipping :eek: Cool :!: How's the color?

Shrooms like medium light and flow. What kind of lighting do you have? If you DO NOT have MH's, then put them anywhere with medium flow as long as they get some light. Don't place them under a rock's shadow. They'll likely live but not thrive.

If you DO have MH's, then place them in the lower half of your tank. Good luck and enjoy!

Both corals were offered when I put in a large order for invertebrates at saltwater.com. Both said easy care, and I had just added my first coral (green star polyp). So, go for it, I said! I have no idea how the color should be...ricordia is small and has a lot ot bright green, and brown in the background.

My lights are Coralife 4 x 65 actinic and 10,000 K.

How does one judge medium vs high flow or medium vs high light??

What size tank? Those corals should do fine with your lighting any where you want to put them. High flow would be anywhere right in front of a power head. Put some flake food in the tank and watch how it blows around you should be able to tell the flow that way.

Thanks so much. My basic problem is, however, that these corals are not attached to rocks. The ricordia is on a tiny piece that I might be able to wedge somewhere. I don't know how to attach them to something. Help!

Back
Top Bottom