tek light t-5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
there are 4 tube and 8 tube models, how would the 4 tube t-5 compair too a 4 tube vho and how would the 8 tube compair too the 4 tube vho? are t-5 closer to mh or vho?

from what I hear is the t-5 lights are supposed to be brighter than Vho and close to MH as possible but I will let others who have them go into more detail..

HTH<
James

I say Mh.. That has seemed to be one of the best purchases I have spent so far.. BTW ebay has some really nice prices.. I can post links to the setup i bought.. it was like 325.00 total with bulbs for 2x250w MH retro

HTH,
James

thats cheap, im a little weary of buying used and from some one i dont know, i dont mind buying form a know dealer on-line, im also in canada and i noticed that a lot of people dont ship here.

i was thinking of MH and my lfs has a nice canopy with 2 mh and 1 vho 03 and fan for $1400, but the old lady shot that one down like i would bin laden walking down my street

that was Brand New built to order for a well known Certified dealer.. I dont and wont buy too many used items on ebay..

HTH<
James

If you're looking for Mh check out DIYreef.com Just is a great guy, talked to him a couple times on the phone when my one ballast was bad. He was very helpful and sent product very quick and packaged nice. I love my MH's. BTW, someone recomended with going w/ a T-5 setup over VHO's for some actnic lights so I'm going to followyour post :D

here is one setup all you need is the MH bulbs and a hood
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3212&item=2361721984

Here is one without the VHO's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3212&item=2361721466

They are extremely nice ppl And I have had no problems with my setup..

I got my bulbs from Marine Depot and they were the Xm 250w 10k bulbs for 65.00 +s/h.. Seem to be very nice as well.. However I know that one of our Sponsors "Logan" carries the new coralview 10k bulbs which are supposed to be nice as well and i think they are like 55.00 +s/h or close to that...

HTH,
James

Back
Top Bottom