Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

tell me about bicolored blenny's!

hey guys! i'm looking into getting a bicolored blenny in a few weeks, anything you can tell me about them would be very much appreciated!
any experiences or pro's or con's that you know of. thanks!

Old 01-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
steve-s

They are generally an excellent fish addition depending on tank mates. Very active, personable and will clean algae film as well as accepting prepared foods. They do best in LR tanks where they have ample hiding places. If this is for your 10 gal though, I would not suggest adding anything else in terms of waste producers. 2 fish are already pushing the limit

The only con I am aware of is some will nip at SPS's.

Cheers
Steve
Old 01-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

My bicolored blenny is one of my favorite fish. He gets into nooks and crannies in the rock so that sometimes you can only the face and eyes. Then he pops out and start rock hopping, resting for a minute then off to the next stop. Great fish.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

it is for my 10 gal., but my two clowns are only a half an inch big right now, and i'm going to be buying a 20 long to transport the contents of my 10 into in 6 months or so. I do 10 % water changes every other day and my parameters are perfect. but i understand your concern, and it is appreciated, and well noted too!
Old 01-08-2005, 11:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Bicolored Blenny is a awesome fish.

I bought one ONLY to control some algae, and it has quickly become my wife and son's favorite fish. They are out alot, have a great personality, and looks pretty cool, too. The females are a bit more colorful than the males.

Mine pops into whichever powerhead is off at the time and pokes his head out, pops out for a quick bite or three off the rock, then swims up and down, then back to the powerhead.

They swim almost eel-like and seem to be fairly hardy.

I would recommend one to anyone who asks just because of the personality - eatind hair algae is just a bonus.

--Logan
Old 01-09-2005, 12:00 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to jenpc Send a message via AIM to jenpc Send a message via MSN to jenpc Send a message via Yahoo to jenpc
I love my bicolored blenny. He has the best personality. He is so much fun to watch and does help eating algae. He is very good with my other fish. He loves to be in the LR. A would get another one in a heartbeat if I wasn't full up on fish for now.

Good Luck!!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:07 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

i cant wait! i've only heard good feedback about them! i just hope i can find one around here, all my LFS's seem to be low on fish due to the tsunami

Tags
blenny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com