Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-04-2003, 06:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to jackdp
Stay away from the Jalli titanium heaters. I bought one and it never kept the temp. stable and it completely died in less than a year. It was a waste of money at like 30 bucks or something. Now I'm back to the visi-therm glass heater.

Old 11-04-2003, 06:59 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got a WON pro titanium digital too Biggen...and that thing can HEEEAT effortlessly. I love it and really like the stability, I'm used to ebo jagers so this was a little venture for me to try something different when I didn't have to, but it's superduper. Digital display = temp at a glance.

I also keep a mercury floater just in case though.

Old 11-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

mmmm digital display. aagghh. i hate looking at those stick on thermo's and the suction cup crap one i have in the tank. Should just have a fake little plastic fish floating around with the temp displayed on it...hey..thats an idea
Old 11-04-2003, 07:09 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, snapcrackler went for the Pro Heat II. The difference between the Pro Heat and Pro Heat II is that the II has the digital thermometer built in. For me it wouldn't have helped much since it is all in the sump and I have no area to put it in good view of the front of the tank.

Both are great heaters and you can't go wrong. Probably one of the best purchases I have made for the tank and the least expensive as well.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hey, yeah, I'm in Sacramento and I have had the same problem all week.. It's the warm days COLD nights thing... I have a 350 ebo jager and 2 weeks ago I couldn't keep the tank under 80, now it's 75 in the mornings, 80 by evening...

I've been playing with the temp set a bit, and it seems to help. woke up this morning and the tank was at 78 (whew) ... now as long as it's not 90 when i get home, we're all good!!!

p
Old 11-04-2003, 10:13 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

hehe no kidding i have that fear too, ill crank it up in the morning and have fish soup by noon
Old 11-05-2003, 10:00 AM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I would get a decent quality 100W heater. Set it to 80F and it should have no problems keeping your tank up to temp. Heaters are one item you should not skimp on when it comes to equipment as more often than not you truly do get what you pay for.

My heaters have no problem maintaning a temp close to 80F in the winter. I keep the heat in the house at a cool 68F so that means the heaters have to bump up the water temp to 12F above abient. The higher you have to get your tank temp above ambient the larger the heater you need. I have a 100W in a 20 gal and a 150W in a 45 gal and a pair of 250W in my 80 gal.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com