Temp for saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

styles215

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey y'all.. It's getting pretty warm outside I'm in south Louisiana and my tank has reached 81 degrees.. Should I be worried about the summer making my tank to hot..? What is too hot for a reef tank and what temp should I keep my tank temp level at..? If 81 is too hot what can I get to drop it down.. Any info would be helpful

I've always kept my tanks right at 80°F. 82 would be high, and not below 78, IMO. Depending on your tank size, a tank chiller may end up being necessary. Especially if you're running metal halides.

If your already hitting 81 your probably going to need a chiller in the summer to keep you in range

If your already hitting 81 your probably going to need a chiller in the summer to keep you in range

That or if you have air conditioning in your house turn it down. I have a chiller on my tank as it gets over 100 in the summer here and running the AC below 80 gets expensive.

I wouldnt worry i live north of new orleans and mine goes up to about 81 in the summer and ive never had any probs

I have 3 quart size bags of RODI that keep in the freezer. I toss one one in the sump and I rotate them once a day.

Back
Top Bottom