Temp. Help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Temperature help

I have a GSP, pink pinwheel palys, green starry zoa, red rim zoa, pulsing xenia and radiocative dragon eyes. Is 81 degrees to warm for these?

Ok thanks any other input will be appreciated.

Most like to keep their tanks between 78-80 but 81 should be fine. Does it swing much, thats the thing. If it's 78 at night and 81 during the day some things may not like that. I have my tanks set for 80 because when my lights are on that's what it goes up to anyway.

I always recommend 78-82 but the key is stability. If you can keep your temp stable at a certain temp then you are doing good.

Cool water can contain more oxygen, so cooler is better. At 81-82F you are okay, but don't have much room for error as you are near the top of the range. Rapid variation is the worst thing you can have, so just try to keep it stable.

I read an article somewhere last week about corals and temperature variance. It stated that temperatures vary by +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit every minute while the shallower tide pool dwelling corals thrive in temperatures that raise by 15 degrees over the course of an hour. Could the variation of temperatures have less effect on corals than we think?

I read an article somewhere last week about corals and temperature variance. It stated that temperatures vary by +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit every minute while the shallower tide pool dwelling corals thrive in temperatures that raise by 15 degrees over the course of an hour. Could the variation of temperatures have less effect on corals than we think?

I saw a video of something similar to this. The scientits were saying that the corals in the shallow tidal pools have probably acclimated to the temp swings over the years and that why they survive.

Back
Top Bottom