Temperature issue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilikefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello , have a problem with the temp in my tank.during the night it goes down to about 78 but during the day it goes up to about 80 or 81.I just recently added another PH but the temp wouldnt drop at night if that was the cause.I was thinking it was my lights its a 2x65 PC light.Iv heard of MH's and VHO's heating up the tank but not PC.

I would raise the temp. of your tank to 80-81 to cut back on the amount of temperature fluctuation at night. At 80-82f constantly you'll be fine. I had a similar issue w/ my old 29 w VHO and raising the temp. to a constant 81 fixed it HTH

Yeah... I'd just recommend upping your heater.... a constant higher temp is better than one that jumps.....

PC's run hotter than VHO so yes they can increase the temp of the tank. As was suggested bump your heater up to 80 and that will stablize the temperature more at night.

Check out this article for a great presentation on reef temperature fluctuation. Be sure to read the Q&A at the bottom for how it relates to our little ecosystems.

Back
Top Bottom