Temperture be in summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a reef tank what should your temperature be at. I saw just a little spots on my powder brown so I turned the heat up

Raising the heat does nothing for ich in saltwater, that is a freshwater remedy. Your temp should be consistent always, I keep mine at 26 (degrees) which I think so around 72?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well it's a hot summer here in Tallahassee, Fl. It's upwards of 100* each day. My reef tank is a constant 79* F. I only use the heater sometimes in the winter.

Your profile says you have a 200 liter which is about 50 gallons. Tangs need a lot of swimming room and a tank of that size will not give them the room they need.

I hope its not too late to quarantine the tang. It needs copper treatment. The higher temp will just add stress to fish and only slow ich. Use Xtreme Garlic to boost fish immune system.

I hope its not too late to quarantine the tang. It needs copper treatment. The higher temp will just add stress to fish and only slow ich. Use Xtreme Garlic to boost fish immune system.

I heard you can use ich attack for a reef is that good for corals? My powder brown is really healthy spots are gone but just in case if he gets ich again I can use garlic extreme and ich attack tank is 65 gallons

65 gallons is still not enough room for a tang

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just because the spots are gone does not mean the ich is gone, it falls off the fish as part of its life cycle. I would recommend treating all your fish in a quarantine tank with copper, if you don't you risk the ich infecting your whole tank...

Agree with Jeff that you should learn about ich but disagree about fish dying within a few days. I struggled with ich for a blue tang, isolated it and after trying hypo salinity treatment re homed him to someone more experienced. There has been no signs of ich with my other fish and that was about 10mths ago.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When you raise the water temperature you accelerate the ich reproduction cycle. If you just wait and do nothing to treat the fish don't you believe the fish will soon start dying from ich?

Here is something for you to read and I did the same thing as what "Flower" did who used Xtreme garlic and I had the same result to save my blue and yellow tang. The thing to remember is that "ich will die without a host". With that belief I treated my tank with Xtreme garlic for several weeks may be a month or so and they all live until now. It was about a year ago.

They ich dies indirectly by starvation since Xtreme garlic boost immune system and ich avoid attaching themselves to fish.

killing ich with high temperature

When you raise the water temperature you accelerate the ich reproduction cycle. If you just wait and do nothing to treat the fish don't you believe the fish will soon start dying from ich?

Here is something for you to read and I did the same thing as what "Flower" did who used Xtreme garlic and I had the same result to save my blue and yellow tang. The thing to remember is that "ich will die without a host". With that belief I treated my tank with Xtreme garlic for several weeks may be a month or so and they all live until now. It was about a year ago.

They ich dies indirectly by starvation since Xtreme garlic boost immune system and ich avoid attaching themselves to fish.

killing ich with high temperature

Thanks for your help and bringing me into this link understand it now

Now my fish are swimming real slow and not moving as much I need help quick no ich that I see on the fish my tang was swimming weird just a little white spot on my fox face something going on. No time to take the fish out because all my live rock and corals what do I do

Ok this is weird they are eating so that's a good sign it seems like when I fed them they are healthy and swimming fast and normally but well see throughout the day. Fed them some brine shrimp covered in rich algae says free of harmful parasites

If you have ich in your tank then your bat option is quarantine and treat with medication. Don't turn up the temp or go hypo salinity as you'll possibly kill your coral. And as stated above, your tank is no where near big enough for the tang, and that's most likely why this whole ordeal started

If you have ich in your tank then your bat option is quarantine and treat with medication. Don't turn up the temp or go hypo salinity as you'll possibly kill your coral. And as stated above, your tank is no where near big enough for the tang, and that's most likely why this whole ordeal started

Ok agree with the tang but I'm going to upgrade 200 plus the tang is small now. Also it will be a pain to catch the fish so I heard people use ich attack for reef tank so it won't kill your corals have you heard of ich attack dont want to kill your corals

I wouldn't put anything in a reef tank, I don't care what it says, but that's me

Back
Top Bottom