temporarily tank: will it be big enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madcaptains

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am moving a 150 gallon reef tank next week. A moving company will take care of the tank and the equipment but I have to find some where to keep the fish for a good 24 to 48h.
All I have is a 50 gallon tank. Do you think that will be enough for:
-30 to 40 lbs of live rock
-Snowflake eel (adult)
-1 flame angel
-5 RBTA
-1 giant carpet anemone
-1 yellow damsel
-1 clown fish
-1 yellow tang

I know it's just for a day or two but 50 gallon look small to me. am I just freaking out for nothing?

If this is too much, could you help me figure out which of those would be best in the tank and which would be best to keep... in something else.

Thanks!

I would get a trashcan from walmart and put the rock in it and all the fish in the bare 50. As long as you keep flow and filtration going on the tank and heat of course they should be fine for a day or two. You may need to keep some light on the tank for the anemones as well.

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I actually have 200 lbs of live rock. Some will have to go in a trash can. I thought it could help the fish to provide some hiding place with live rock.
I also managed to get an extra tank to split the fish. With all that, that should be just perfect.

Thanks

I'm thinking an amount of rock you think about throwing away needs to be the seeded media needed to sustain your 50g tank. Maybe 35-50 lbs would do it with a bare bottom. Two tanks I see. Use some in both. I presume these tanks are not cycled yet and ready to sustain life.

Why are you thnking you'll have to throw away some?

Back
Top Bottom