Temporary 2 bulbs for 75G?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halloween75

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am going to replace my lighting bc two of my ballasts are broken so only two bulbs are working... It is a 48" T5 fixture for a 75G tank with soft corals and fish. In the meantime which would be the best two bulbs to have - 2 10,000k daylight bulbs or 1 of those and 1 actinic or other combo?
thanks!

I am going to replace my lighting bc two of my ballasts are broken so only two bulbs are working... It is a 48" T5 fixture for a 75G tank with soft corals and fish. In the meantime which would be the best two bulbs to have - 2 10,000k daylight bulbs or 1 of those and 1 actinic or other combo?
thanks!
I'd do 1 of each.

That's going to look really white, do you have a blue+ (or similar) bulb to add some visible blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

my actinic is blue so right now i have that and the 10000 daylight - one of each. i'm not sure how long i can go with just those two bulbs? and when i get a new fixture (not even sure which to get) should it again have 4 bulbs?

Thanks... I just don't know much about them but will do some research

If you search "Dimmable 165W LED" on ebay, theyre effective and will grow anything.

They're also cheap, which helps.

If you search "Dimmable 165W LED" on ebay, theyre effective and will grow anything.

They're also cheap, which helps.

Sorry to ask, I know it's not my thread but - Is there a big difference between the 120W and the 165W?

No, the 165w is max power, but the LEDs are run at 2w so the actual output is the 110w

Back
Top Bottom