Temps;

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClownMan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I live in phoenix az outside air temps 107, my inside temp 79 to 80 degrees my 30 gal tank is running at 80 to 82 degrees. Is this to high for the health of my fish?

nope that is what most people here run there tanks at. in the winter i keep my tank at 80 and in the summer it is about 82-83

yep that's what I run. It's better to keep it warm then to have it swing in temp from like 78 - 83.

Another fellow Arizonian! I live in the Gilbert area, and it has been very hot lately. I keep my temp consistently at 79 degrees and my fish are doing fine. Where do you shop for your live stuff?

Mike

I hear that about the evaporation. I just added a few gallons tonight to my 90G. It does beat the cold though. :)

Im in Tx and I expect it to get hot any day now...what type of lights do you guys run and also what do you do to keep your temp from rising?? Mine stays right now at around 80-82 and Im about to upgrade from NO lights to 330 VHO system!! ARG!

I would consider getting a couple of fans to help with the temperature problem. NO lights put out low heat, but VHO's will put out more. I think liveaquaria.com sells them for around $30-40.
I am going to get some PC lights, in addition to the NO lights I am using right now.

Mike

is bad to turn off the light because the alge will not produce any air in the water but it take up air if lights are turn off and create less air for the fish, i live in texas my temp is around 84-86 in the day and about 82-84 at night

I have 3 fans as it is now...I have one clip on blowing across the top of the water in the canopy, one small fan blowing into the sump, and one in the cabinet area blowing around inside the cabinet....any other suggestions? Also Im about to install 2 blowers that are mounted into the top of the canopy which I think might help....will be blowing out of the canopy away from the water I assume???

Back
Top Bottom