Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
That's the shippers fault. they should have mailed them with a heat pack and a styro container.
+1 on styro and heat pack.
Id ask for a refund or for them to ship out replacements.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
That's the shippers fault. they should have mailed them with a heat pack and a styro container.
I've dealt with reefcleaners several times and have had email conversations with John Maloney regarding shipping. They always pack everything very well using styrofoam and multiple heat packs. In addition there are warnings on the site and on the specific pages for certain livestock warning about shipping the items and making sure that you will receive them the next day. I know for a fact that the scarlet hermits have this warning. The op's location is NOT a next day delivery for express mail out of FL so it isn't suprising that there was loss.

That being said John is a really fair guy and wouldn't be suprised if he worked with you, but you may have to wait till it's warmer.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Interesting first post. I didn't know they shipped livestock with 2 day shipping. I take back my original statement and then say that if I was ordering live creatures through the mail, I would certainly want them shipped overnight. If not, I would have to assume responsibility for anything that may happen as a result.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've been lurking here for awhile reading using my iphone. I've especially enjoyed your lighting thread which I have been following closely.

I saw this post and registered so I could respond. I'm not associated with reefcleaners but I have ordered from them in the past and gotten good advice from them.

I've only been doing saltwater for about 4 months, I'm a member over on reef2reef.com under the same handle (JonathanG).

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I ordered from reefcleaners a few weeks ago. I had overnight shipping because of some of my items. I had several different hermits and snails, chitons, Brittle star and limpets. Weather was freezing here but not -5. They sent most things with no water but explained why so I was happy. I think only one chitin was DOA but they sent me 5 and I only ordered 2. They supplied 1 heat pack but the order was in a regular cardboard box. I highly recommend them and would use them again. Sorry about your loss.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
Sorry for the thread hijack.
No worries, and thank you for bringing the shipping to my attention so that I could correct my post.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for all your posts. That was overnight shipping. Sorry for confusion. I ordered that, Monday really late. They shiped it Wednsday and I got it Thursday. It is what it is. It was overnight because Scarlets and Limpets. It was in regular carton box with heating pads. But like I said they were cold to touch and water freezing cold. I don't complain, I got a hold of shipper and get my refund. No hard feelings. Mangrows look ok, I think, I will watch them closely. They were shiped in Zip plastic bag.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just described temperature swing from Tuesday to Thursday. Never said it wasn't overnight. Sorry again for confusion.

Tags
loss

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com