Test kit advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaveChild

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering what everyone's favorite test kit is and why. I am currently using the Nurtifin master test kit and I don't think I am happy with it.

im new to the hobby and just purchased my first test kit and i bought the Fastest master kit ( ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, ph) most say this isnt the best kit but for my first kit it has been very easy to read and use for me...not complicated at all for a newbie like me :) im sure others can advise u on some better kits than mine

I really like SeaChem. Accurate and inexpensive. Foster and Smith has a marine kit for $25. it has 75 tests in it.

A little off topic, but is Foster & Smith a good place to order from ? I was going to order a skimmer from them. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated

Yes it is a good place to order from. There are many people on this forum who advocate using them for the quality of products and customer service. They are one of the largest on the web. :wink:

This is only my first order with them. Kinda unimpressed, as I ordered Monday morning, and they just shipped it yesterday afternoon, it'll take 7 business days, and they charged $8 for shipping!
All that means is that they are making money off shipping, rather than 'covering' shipping costs. That's not really uncommon though, so it wasn't a deal breaker.

You should look at Big Als too. I've had good and bad with them, but they have some ridiculously low prices on some things, and their shipping isn't bad.

Back
Top Bottom