Test Kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I'm using a Red Sea Test Kit. I don't know if it's just me or are the results really hard to read? It seems as though the colors that I'm coming up with are inbetween other colors, but i'm not quite sure. I'd mention which tests, but off of the top of my head I can't remember which ones and right now i'm at work. Yes, I'm posting at work :)

I was just looking at the salifert or seachem test kits and i'm wondering if either of them are easier to read and more precise than the red sea one.

Thanks
Jim

I made the same switch from Red Sea to Salifert and won't go back. i find the saliferts easier to use, easier to read and easier to get an accurate determination. I ordered all of them on line... at I think Flying Fish Express... not positive.

I use Salifert for calcium and alkalinity and I have used the Seachem for nitrate/nitrite, phosphate, and ph/alkalinity. Seachem is nice for the basics, but for calcium I'm definitely more impressed with Salifert.

I use Salifert, Particularly for Nitrite and Nitrate (still a little tough to read but clearly better than most others.)

Also - I am a big fan of Electronic monitors for PH if you've got the bucks, Every time I walk past any of my tanks - the PH is the first thing I see :) and that is like the mother of all indicators (if somthin's go down - likely pH is going with it) :)

Tom

Back
Top Bottom