TEST KITS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
What test kits should i buy if i wanna keep mushrooms and a toadstool leather? Isnt there something you dont have to test in salt? isnt it nitrites or nitrates?
THANKS!

You'd need kits for nitrate, calcium, alkalinity...and I'd keep an ammonia and nitrite kit around too...even for a cycled tank. You'll also need a hydrometer to check salinity.

As far as brands are concerned stick with Salifert or Seachem; They are the best. I only test for calcium and alk now that my tank is established more than a year. Unlesss somethig looks funny or i am getting an algae bloom i never test for nitrate or phosphate. If the tank is newly set up you will want to check nitrates and phosphates levels until they come into balance . If your maintanence procedures are not that good you will have to test more frequently as well.

I think that i will get the Reef Status Calcium Test Kit and the Marine Basic Kit both by seachem. How does this sound? Are there any supplements i should get for calcium or ALK?

Back
Top Bottom