Testing water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone help with Red Sea test kits, all the test are fine but doin what says todo with the nitrate kit and saying its off the radar I no waters good as just upgraded more the double in size three days ago and every time I've used kit it always says its high but when get lfs to test it's fine so what am I doin wrong as doing what it tells me and waiting the 9 mins but it changes within few min

Either your test kit is expired or you might have missed some steps in the instruction. Test vial must be rinsed properly and water must be at exact level and free from contamination even with fingers.

Test kits new and checked date, read how doit every time do test so can't be that and wash them out straight away after use so dry for next time. Only thing I can think is not shaking bottle one enought

It's the marine care test kit so should b the right one

Yeah done it was still high, goin get more water from shop so can test it see if any readings as only just upgraded from 125 lt to 300 lt and only used about 75% of old water so wouldn't think it was high and all other test were good

I used Caribbean live sand, will just keep testing and goin shop tomor so get them test again just in case I'm not doing it wrong and its high plus need it to settle so can add more rock as only used what had from old tank and not enough

Ok will just see what shop tests show then if there high will try sort it out. Is there anything better to test with offer then the drip kits

I use Red Sea and I'm not cycling tank it's been upgraded and transferred over why keeping eye on test see if it spikes

Even just moving LR in stable tank it will create mini cycle. Would you wonder where the nitrates are coming from when moving everything and with new substrate?

Yeah I understand that but ain't seen anything else spike plus nitrates could not be high as don't no if doin test right but goin take to shop to see

Hi, so took water to shop get tested and its at about 20ppm they doit on 2 different brands and the same came up so must be doing it wrong but will keep trying

Back
Top Bottom