Tetra brand Test Kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdaccord03

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone! I have some old test kits from back from a few years ago. I used to know this by heart so I don't have it written down.

How many drops of each liquid do I add to the vial and how much water do I put in the vial? It's got 5ml and 10 ml marked on it.

This kit has 3 liquids marked "1", "2", and "3" appropriately. Its got a squarish vial and from what the local aquariums say, it may be an older version of Tetra's test kits. Apparently its been discontinued. Can anyone help me??

JW

If the kits are a few years old, just get new ones. The kits do not last more than 12 ot 18 months or so before they lose their effectiveness/accuracy.

The test is for nitrates. Its a pretty old test. Its got a larger bottle with a #1 on it, and the other two (#2 and #3) are smaller bottles. I think I am supposed to fill the vial with like 10 ml of water and then put like 7 drops of #1 and then like 3 of #2 and #3 or something like that but I want to make sure.

The newer tests apparently use a powder. This is an older test. It just uses liquids.

JW

i have the newer test so i cant help you much. but if its that old you might as well go and get a new kit. you can get a kit for nitrate, nitrite, amonia, and ph all in one for like 30 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom