that darn damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supafreak

Aquarium Advice Activist
ever since i moved my 3 stripe damsel to my 120g tank he is such a jerk! He attacks me when ever i'm doing work on the tank, ramming and bitting. He is pretty small right now, but when he gets a little bigger, he might really hurt! any one else have any really mean fish?

I've had damsels to behave that way. In case you decide one day to get him out of that tank, here is a neat little tip.
When you feed your food, at least a couple of times per week, put the food inside your fish net. After you use your net to feed your fish for a few days, your fish will practically jump into the net for you. :wink:

I've heard of so many folks trying to get those lil' suckers out when they find out how mean they are. This is the first I heard of one attacking human hands. He bites you??? 8O

Just think of what he might do to your expensive centerpiece fish. I'd suggest you serve him the pink slip.

SaltySteve said:
Cool, as I sit trying to catch my Damsel :lol:
You could also try doing the DIY trap with the soda bottle. It worked like a charm. Only took one try. I just used a frozen cube of plankton. As it started melting in the bottle the damsel kept swimming around the bottle, wondering where the smell was coming from. I left it for about an hour. When I came back, the Damsel was in the bottle, along with a pistol shrimp I haven't seen for weeks.

I have the same problem with my gay little damsel! BTW hes a blue damsel. i get my hand in there for routine tank work and the lil bugger bites the crap outta me and rams my hand.Not that it hurts (hes only 2 inches). wierd thing is hes nice to my clown and blenny most of the time.

MarkLehr said:
In case you decide one day to get him out of that tank, here is a neat little tip.
When you feed your food, at least a couple of times per week, put the food inside your fish net. After you use your net to feed your fish for a few days, your fish will practically jump into the net for you. :wink:

I used that method to capture my ocellaris clowns.

Back
Top Bottom