That Fish Place/NCPARS Frag Extravaganza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
I have some preliminary info for NCPARS winter frag swap Jan 31, 2009 at That Fish Place in Lancaster, PA. TFP will be hosting the frag swap in the pond area of their fish room. They will be inviting many of their vendors to attend, and we are expecting to have a raffle to which those vendors will donate. For food, we are currently hoping that we will be linking up with the Humane Society of Lancaster County, who will be selling food to benefit their group.
I'll post more details when we get them. Hope to see you there ;)

Hmmm, sounds like a nice trip to take! Thanks for the info!

Mike, That place is about 3-4 hours North of me, but I would be willing to meet up. I'll know something in a few weeks.

I will definitely make this trip....I plan on having gift cards for Christmas....Seeing as how that "all I want for Christmas is my TFP cards!!!" Let me know who all is going...I want to meet you all!!!!

I got my TFP Holiday Season flyers in the mail today. They have an ad in it for the swap in Jan. There will be a $10 admission for non-members of NCPARS, but from my understanding, they are giving $10 in store coupons when you pay. So basically free admission. No word yet on who the speaker will be.

Well count me in then! I've always wanted to take the ride out there, but the opportunity to meet all you fine people in person is not to be missed!

Larry, you're in charge of setting up a meeting time for all of us <g>.

Watching this thread too. It's too early for me to commit, but I am definately interested, especially if we get a NoVA group carpool going.

Here's a little more info.
Date: January 31, 2009
Hours: 11-4 (hours may be extended)
Speakers: Anthony Calfo and Steven Pro
Unlimited frag trading and sales between hobbyists (you don't need to have your own corals to join in the fun)
Demos (PAR and lighting; fragging; assembling a calcium reactor; tank drilling)
Vendors will be on hand with product information (arranged by That Fish Place)
Raffle
Admission:* $5 for NCPARS members (individual or family), $10 for non-members (individual or family) (You may join at the event)
* Each paid admission will receive a coupon good for 20% off one item at That Fish Place/That Pet Place. The coupon can not be applied to other sale offers, as well as aquariums, stands, reptile habitats, dog food, cat food, or frontline and advantage products. Most everything else will be fair game for use. The coupon will be good for use the day of the event only.

Update:
With paid admission ($5 for NCPARS members, $10 for non members), up to 20% off participating vendors, including Aquatic Life, Brightwell Aquatics, Coralife, Current, Instant Ocean, Kent Marine, Marineland, Red Sea, Tetra, Two Little Fishies and more.

Speakers:
Reed Mariculture's Randy Reed - The Fundamentals of Feeding Your Reef
Anthony Calfo - Fish Facilities of the World
Red Sea's Steven Pro - You Touched It, Now What? Poisonous, Venomous & Contagious Aquaria
From Current, Ike Eigenbrode - Aquariums & Energy Efficiency

img_939492_0_48bcce9e2775b8a2e6939cc657466e19.jpg

For those who are attending, check out www.fragswapper.com. There are lots of corals listed for sale and you can reserve them now. It's free to register at FragSwapper. It's also a good idea to reserve something if you see something you like. Many people only bring the corals others have reserved. Sanjay has some nice stuff listed and he only brings what ppl reserve from him.

Hope to see some of you there. :)

definitly going!!! can not wait until I meet all you guys and gals!!!! I just reserved 3 of Sonjay's corals!!!!

Barry

Back
Top Bottom