thats it. im switching to fresh water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foma2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
not really but i was close. this morning i woke up to the sound of pump trubles. i ran to the tank and noticed that it was halve empty, it would have been worse if the pump had been lower in the water. along with a lower water level in the tank, i was standing in a puddle of water in my room. it was horable. 20 gal of salt water on my hard wood floor. what happend was that the carbon back i had put into the cpr bak pak had gotten stuck in the out flow tube causing the water to overflow out of the cpr bak pak, and onto my floor. it was a mess. i had to get to school in an hour, needles to say i was late. but i finaly got all the water mopped up and filled the tank back up with water and now its all better. i put the heater into the cpr bak pak on tip of the carbon to make shure this wouldn't happen again. its not all bad though. i would have had to do a water change anyways. :lol:

Sorry to hear that happened to you. This is not the first time a memeber has put something in a skimmer and ended up with water on the floor. You need to be super careful that the water flow through a skimmer can not be blocked.

Sorry to hear that,
I coulden't sleep right the first couple of nights after setting up my tank. (But I was sure that the system is idiot proof :wink: )

What about a sump?
If you read around this forum you'll find a way to make it idiot proof :lol:

Back
Top Bottom