The amazing hermit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrkalot

Aquarium Advice Activist
We started with 6 tiny little blue leg hermit crabs back in April or so. Over the months we watched them grow, transfer to new larger shells... then one day they started to dissapear. The last sighting was almost 1 1/2 - 2 months ago.

Last night we were lounged in front of the tank watching our fishies and my wife saw something move. Sure enough! One survivor. We watch our fishies on a daily basis and we vac the CC duringing our weekly water change... moving rock (not LR), cleaning etc. You would think we would have seen him at some point. It's not like a reef tank ot LR tank. There is really no where to hide... we thought :D

That's really cool :mrgreen:

The only thing better than that is finding things from your LR months later that you never knew were in the tank!

funny.

I have a firefish that dissapears. I swear everytime I can't find him he jumped out somehow.
I look everywhere in the tank, check the floor to see if he is there and
he is nowhere to be found.

Then out of nowhere he magically appears.

I think I need to dig through the CC and see if there are any more still alive. I think he was stuck/trapped under a decorative coral that hadn't been moved in a while. Amazing.

my firefish usually find a hole in the LR . You can never find them. There's been a time when i was aquascaping and actually took some rocks out of the water. They stayed out for a good half an hour. After i put one of them back in the tank, my firefish flew out of it. They'd been hitch hiking the whole time. Amazing they're still alive.

Back
Top Bottom