The Basement 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainAhab

Thanx but no.....
Several have asked for a thread on the 90g I'm putting in the basement. It's far enough along and I have a few pictures of the journey.

It's a drilled 90 from Craigslist. DIY stand, side cabinets and bridge. Still work in progress. As of now, still need to build the side doors, paint (only primed). Sump is temporary. The final 30g sump will be behind the back wall.

Lights are temporary. Finish lights (pendants) will hang from the bridge.

Tank is cycled. 100lbs of Marco base, 30lbs of Figi cured, 20lbs of Tonga (soon) and 10-15 rubble (soon).

Here we go......

The journey starts in the summer....

The Tank

img_1049931_0_4f60f49d48d4bb07f63e259ae86c72c9.jpg

Trim Painted.....

img_1049931_1_55728cd6560f23aa286159407c39c777.jpg

Background Painted.....

img_1049931_2_28a660c15d55391659744fc660b9c60e.jpg

Not really sure yet. I have to get my neighbor to help me hump that bridge up there and make sure all looks good. Then there is fluted trim which will bridge the gap between the tank and the columns up to the top of the tank and across the mid section so u don't see the blac trim in the bottom.

Livestock wise, not sure. Though I'm sure I'll get some suggestions..

I'll have you know I can fit 2 cars in there and still walk around.

Though one of my many faults is not putting crap back where I got it from. So I clean/organize once a month then clutter it up then repeat again.

Keeps me fit.. not sane .... but fit

i think what impresses me the most is the fact that the basement isnt what most peoples garage is (boxes piled up, concrete floors and walls, etc)... very nice tank

That remodel was going on during the 'gap' in time. Working from home has it's advantages. I still need to get the pool table back from storage and deal with the stairway.

No, the bridge will span the 2 towers at the top. In one (or more) of the pictures it is sitting off to the side by the door (it has a piece of trim leaning up against it). The bottom of the bridge will be 2 feet above the tank top.

Unless by shelves.. you mean the towers.. if so, then yes

Your tank looks very nice. I do see one problem though, There seems to be some sort of interdimensional rift opening up just in front of your license plate in one of your photos, I'd have that checked out before the universe implodes in upon itself

I've been warned that there are degenerates out there (like you?) who may want to hunt me down and do unspeakable things to me. As such I engaged the 7th chevron, activated the wormhole and have taken presumptive action.

So stand down stalker. The force is with me.

Last edited:
Haha, very nice. just making sure you knew about it. An improperly maintained interdimensional rift can really cause problems, but you seem to have it covered.

Back
Top Bottom